J0N

Another insurance problem

Ok, so I had another thread about problems I had changing over car on my policy and it taking alot of calls and emails to get their backsides into gear. Taking 3 weeks to do a simple task.

Well, I have a new bigger problem with them. I was told (when I changed car last time) the problems were due to the fact I was unemployed. But then again I was also told their system was being updated and other excuses I can't remember right now. As mentioned in my Puma thread, the engine had gone and I needed another car. So... I bought another car and contacted Ecar for the change over. I expected there to be problems as last time but nothing like what I was told. Apparently their under writers had changed their terms and conditions and that they no longer provide insurance for my area. I don't get why because I live in a very quiet area and have never heard about any car crimes etc. I asked what that meant and was told my policy would be cancelled. WTF i thought, I only had to wait til Novemeber to have an extra no claims bonus.

I received an Email stating I had requested it to be cancelled and to await any info regards to any money owed to me. I didn't cancel it, they did!

I'm unsure on what to do, I have had to go through someone else as my son has ADHD and my daughter who was born very early has development problems etc. I told them this and they said there is nothing they can do.

Surely they can't cancel an active policy because they have changed Ts and Cs. I would have thought I would have had until the renewal at least.

Just after some advice on this tbh.

sounds dodgy to me, as i thought once youve taken a policy out they'd have to stick to the T's & C's they supplied when you got the insurance, id try ringing trading standards or that other place i cant think of :-p at the min

I sent them a nice Email this morning and another to the financial ombudsman. Within the hour I received an email back from Ecar stating I would get a refund of near 200 and a full years no claims. Shocked they didn't drag it out longer like they usually do.

Seems like a pointless thread, but treat it as a warning never to go with Ecar... Anyone considering going with them check out their Facebook page first and you'll soon change your mind.

Doesn't sound right but would definitely check the T&C's when you took out the policy. Maybe speak to Consumer Direct or your local Citizens Advice once you've done this to see if they can help.

* Just read your update; good to hear you got it sorted! :thumbsup:

Edited by HasAki

They are, I went with them because they are so cheap but like the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'

Just got an Email back:

As we are now agreed upon a mutually satisfactory resolution to your complaint, please find attached written proof of 6 years’ No Claims Discount. The original will be dispatched as soon as possible to your registered contact address in Leeds. Enclosed therewith, per the terms of our settlement, will be a cheque for £198.90.

Happy it turned out well, but could have easily turned out worse.