Sign in to follow this  
Guest Caroline

Fordclub.co.ukTour

Guest Caroline   
Guest Caroline

Next year we were thinking of having the first Fordclub.co.ukTOUR

It would be a 3 day charity drive around the uk to finish at Ford Fair in Silverstone.

You would be welcome to come in any FORD wether it be a £200 banger painted up or 30k RS.

All monies raised will be going to Help for Heroes - which we have an account set up for, where each team can get their own sponsorship that can be given direct.

To make this a success we would need a minimum of 20 cars and we are looking at an entrance fee of £49 per car, this would give the charity roughly £1000 before any outside sponsorship.

The dates still have to be confirmed, and this will be done when a date for Fordfair is released.

Anybody that will be interested in attending or require any more info please message me.

Guest Caroline   
Guest Caroline

Have you got a rough idea of the route you'd be taking?

1391731_10151988517371585_176155879_n.jpg

Its not a definite route, but thats a rough idea

how many people per car and how we get sponsers is that gunna be friends n family or can we ask any one id love to be in this an are we camping or b&b ect thank u

•  

how many people per car and how we get sponsers is that gunna be friends n family or can we ask any one id love to be in this an are we camping or b&b ect thank u

•  

To answer your question Rob:

People in team - I would recommend at least 2 drivers - due to being able to share the driving, and obviously if 1 decides to have a few too many beers the night before, 1 is legal to drive the day after. You can have as many in the team as the car is legally able to transport.

Sponsors - You don't have to get any sponsors as you have donated the £49 entrance fee which will go direct to the charity, but if you want to then that is up to the team. I would approach local garages (if your taking an old banger - i.e. a free service for the car, or advertisement on the car?) Once we get a date sorted for the event (we need confirmation on Ford Fair date) we can register online with help for heroes, and people can donate online if they wish.

Accommodation - Once the date has been set, and the route, we were thinking of getting in touch with premier Inn, Ibis, Holiday Inn or similar and trying to get a good price on rooms. I thought of these rather than local B&B's as they may be able to accommodate us all in the same place. Plus the added advantage of large car parks/food available, and a pub

I'd be interested in this, I'm presuming the £49 won't include the accommodation tho ;)

A couple of considerations/suggestions;

Avoid motorways - makes things too easy, not as fun as finding decent a roads and takes longer to fill the day a bit more

Maybe Add some 'motor' related stop offs?

Any chance the a47 from Peterborough to Leicester can be incorporated as it's mint road and would love to open the throttle bodies up through a wide fast swooping A road ;)

Ensure overnight destinations have good beer holes so I can get ripped to the tits!!

I'd be interested in this, I'm presuming the £49 won't include the accommodation tho ;)

A couple of considerations/suggestions;

Avoid motorways - makes things too easy, not as fun as finding decent a roads and takes longer to fill the day a bit more

Maybe Add some 'motor' related stop offs?

Any chance the a47 from Peterborough to Leicester can be incorporated as it's mint road and would love to open the throttle bodies up through a wide fast swooping A road ;)

Ensure overnight destinations have good beer holes so I can get ripped to the tits!!

No, the accommodation will be down to the individuals, but we would look at getting a group booking at places

Motorways would definitely be avoided

And the overnight stops would definitely be beer fuelled

Would be up for this providing im around, although may i suggest that should there be a few of the Northern jocks thinking of coming along we add a start point in Aberdeen/Inverness area?

The trouble is doing that, if we had someone from Cornwall coming, they would want a start point from there

i am interested in this. Think it would be awesome to do. And to end it at ford fair will be epic, i would probably join when you guys came past my way :)