Sign in to follow this  
Scampi12

Mk1 Focus front end repairs - Help please!

Hi, I'm looking for any help and advice on repairing the front end of my Mk1 Focus. My better half decided to have an arguement with the rear end of a BMW X5...

I would add pictures of the damage, but o can't do it on the mobile site, bit basically there are 2 'structure' bars across the front under the bonnet which have been bent back towards the engine, and the front headlights are both smashed, they're easy enough to replace hitits knowing the name of the other bars so I can order replacements

So it's the two bars directly in the middle of the car, in line with the radiator. The rad survived thankfully, but need to know what these bars are called to order the replacements. They appear to be just bolted on, so seems not too bad if a job to fix?

the top one is the slam panel and the lower one should be a bumper support another name of front panel.

both are easily replaceable and bolt on and off. but you will need a new grille and lock for the bonnet popper, its going to cost a fair bit from new you can try to look in scrappies to see if they have any spares or see anyone local is breaking a focus

So I took it all apart earlier, and the 2 bent bits are all joined as part of an "a-frame" as such, so I I popped up the scrappy this morning, grabbed a couple of headlights as they were dead and the "a-frame", plus some of the broken plastics, cost me £45 for the parts, I've now taken all the damaged bits off and replaced with those from the scrappy. The bonnet lock luckily survived and was a couple of bolts to hold in place, so I've switched that as well. The bonnet was unfortunately bent a bit too far, so need to go grab another from the scrappy, but pretty much have got there with it! Will pop some photos on once I've finished! Thanks for the advice guys