Annie

Ford Focus diesel Econetic

Hi there.  I have a lovely 2013 Focus diesel Econetic.  The stop start system has stopped working.  I think there may have been a problem with it when I bought it (about two years ago now).  On occasions the fan would kick in when I parked up sometimes even on short distances and it would run for about three or four minutes.  The last time it happened, I had to wait (parked up) for five minutes before the fan stopped.  I was worried as I had two dogs in the car as I thought it could have caught fire, so waited until the fan stopped.  That incident only happened a few months ago so not in warm weather and I had travelled only about a quarter of a mile before parking.  Since then, the stop/start has  only worked once.  I’m no mechanic but assume something must have burnt out (?).  The car goes fine without it so should I be worried and/or get it fixed?   It’s going for an MOT/service next week and I will ask them to look at it but would like independent advice beforehand as, like I said, I’m no mechanic and don’t want to be ripped off.  Can anybody advise?