Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Needing to replace the filler neck on my Fusion. After brimming the tank I returned  from paying to find a puddle appearing from underneath. Found the badly rusted filler pipe was leaking around the point it goes into the tank. 

I just got the car, and it seems the pipe goes into a short rubber tube before the tank. I'm not sure if this is a botch job, or there is supposed to be a tube that connects the filler pipe, to the tank.

I have purchased a used neck from a breakers and can't see how it it would connect to anything but a rubber tube.

Any help with my questions, advice and instruction on completing the job would be much appreciated.

Pic of replacement neck attached.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.